Whether you’re becoming your own champion or surrounding yourself with like-minded people in your quest to live healthy, support is key. It will make attaining those goals much easier and give you the motivation to soar through those tough times.
Although awaking the title-fighter within to meet your goals can seem like an impossible feat, it’s not that far away. A few key points can help you get there.
- Invest in Yourself. Taking time out for you is not only important to your mental health but it can result in creating a happier, healthier you that will emanate confidence affecting those around you in a positive way.
- Set Realistic Goals. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
- Make it Fun. You’ll stick with it longer.
- Get Rid of the Negative Self-Talk. Creating that much needed positive self-image.
- Surround Yourself with a Good Support System. This is most important. It’s not realistic to discard your family or friends if they aren’t supportive of your weight loss and fitness goals, but identifying the types of support/non-supporters around you will make you aware of whom you should spend the majority of your time with that help motivate you and that can ultimately help you reach your goals.
One of the coolest things I’ve seen happen at USANA is the unity in healthy living with fitness and diet. This large group gathers everyday to support each other in eating a healthy breakfast, drinking their Nutrimeal, empowering and motivating others around them. They are the champions of the first floor, the prize-fighters of healthy living.
Olympic champions don’t do it alone. They draw on teams of specialists including nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists, coaches, athletes, etc. forming teams that open up possibilities to set records. You can build a similar team to reach your goals, reaching deep and awaking your champion within.