Have you ever had a question you’ve wanted to ask Dave Wentz? Well, now is your chance! Dave is answering your questions once a month on the What’s Up, USANA? blog. Ask your question in the comment section, and your question might just get answered next month!
Question: What traits of highly successful people would you love to see developed and demonstrated by USANA Associates? —Elaine MacDonald & Emmanuel Alatorre
Answer: That’s a tough question! There are so many traits that make people successful, and certain traits work for some and not for others. But I’ve come up with a list of five traits that I think work best for USANA Associates. Excelling at these will make Associates as successful as they can be.
1. Challenge Yourself — So many people are content to stay in the status quo, even when building a business. If the rulebook says make three calls a day, they make three calls a day. But challenging yourself forces you to grow your comfort zone. And the larger your comfort zone is, the more your sphere of accomplishment grows. Challenge yourself to approach one more person. Challenge yourself to make one more follow-up call. Challenge yourself to expand your warm market. The more you challenge yourself, the greater your results will be.
2. Reassess Failure — Most people see failure as a setback. But the things you’ve tried that don’t work can still benefit you and your business. Failed attempts at success are simply tools that allow you to fine-tune your business approach. Learn and grow from your mistakes. They teach you new ways to build your business and give you insight into what not to do again.
3. Never Give Up — This is one of the most powerful traits of highly successful people. Never giving up means that you remain focused on what it is you want to achieve. No matter what challenges you face along the way, you always need to move forward. Whatever your dream is, don’t give up. You may have to tweak it, learn new ways to achieve it, and sometimes start over, but NEVER give up.
4. Create an Environment of Success — Highly successful people cannot be successful alone; they foster an environment to make those around them successful as well. This is especially important in our industry. A truly successful leader creates other successful leaders around them. I always recommend to people that rather than focus on your own rank advancement, focus on helping people on your team advance and your advancement will happen naturally.
5. Find Your Passion — Successful people have passion. Many people go through life just doing what they have to do to survive. To really succeed in USANA, you have to have a passion for the products, the lifestyle, and the business. This passion will give you something to live for, a reason to get up in the morning, and a true way to spread the vision of USANA.
Do you have a question for Dave? Ask it in the comments!