Sure, it’s getting colder outside, and sure, you’re probably craving casseroles and soups and cobblers, and sure, the days are getting shorter, and sure, it’s technically fall right now…
But I still see some sun out there. So why not celebrate the changing colors of the leaves with a delicious, nutritious salad before you dive full-steam ahead into the hibernation mode of winter? If that’s not enough of an incentive for you to break out your salad bowl, what if I threw in USANA’s newest Nutrition Bar, Go Nuts ‘n’ Berries? Ah, see, I knew I’d get you with that one.
With its healthy flax and chia seeds, slightly salty peanuts and almonds, and sweet raisins and dried cranberries, it’s a perfect match for this savory salad. Who knows? Maybe this will excite you enough to continue to eat those leafy greens all year round.
Go Nuts ‘n’ Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
- 2 Go Nuts ‘n’ Berries Nutrition Bars, cut or broken into very small pieces
- Toss the spinach, onion, mandarin oranges, feta cheese, and salad dressing together. Sprinkle the Go Nuts ‘n’ Berries Nutrition Bar pieces on top. Enjoy!
Eating well is an important part of being healthy. From the USANA Test Kitchen is a monthly column offering useful nutrition tips, as well as delicious, healthy recipes that use USANA products in creative ways.