Happy Valentine’s Day, my What’s Up USANA? friends! On this day that we show our friends and family how much we love them, I’d like to propose we also use this time to remember we need to show ourselves some love as well.
Think of today as an opportunity to recommit to taking as good of care of yourself as you would the person you cherish most. And caring for your health should rank pretty close to the top of your list.
Fortunately, participating in the RESET Challenge: Destination Transformation weight-loss competition is a great way to show your body some love, because not only will you feel more confident rocking your svelte new physique, you will also be doing a world of good for your heart.
As you likely know, Body Mass Index is inversely related to the health of your heart. So, with every pound you shed, you gain even better heart health.
What you may not know is that the USANA Foods you use as part of your RESET journey will not only help you slim down, they will also deliver healthy ingredients that have been shown to support a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
Watch this video with Executive Director of Scientific & Clinical Affairs Brian Dixon, Ph.D., to learn how.
Here are some of the highlights:
- All USANA Foods and Rev3 Energy products are low glycemic. Glycemic load (GL) has been shown to directly correlate to heart health — a high GL has been associated with negative effects.
- All of our Nutrimeals provide fiber that will keep you from feeling hungry while also giving you heart protective benefits.
- Soluble fiber from foods such as Fibergy Plus, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Fibergy Plus supplies 2.9 grams of soluble fiber from psyllium necessary per day to have this effect.
- Protein consumption will not only help promote lean muscle mass, it too has been associated with heart health. The proteins in our Nutrimeals and Nutrition Bars don’t come with unhealthy fats that you may get from other sources.
- Along with your Essentials, consider adding Proflavanol C100, CoQuinone 30, and BiOmega to your daily supplement routine to ensure your heart gets ample amounts of heart-friendly nutrients.
Having healthy relationships, giving hugs, and even laughing are all good habits for your heart health as well. So, be selfish and show yourself some love today by spending time with those who make your heart sing. And go ahead and indulge a little in those dark chocolate valentines… they’re good for your heart too!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.