Attaining Financial Freedom: Loving Yourself & Your Money

Written by on September 17, 2013 in Contests, Personalization, USANA with 18 Comments

IMG_3121Back in June, I had the good fortune to receive an advance copy of Kate Northrup‘s book Money: A Love Story. I had been looking forward to reading it for a few reasons: It would be approachable, it would take you on a journey, and it would be fun.

I am happy to say all of my expectations were met and exceeded. Kate brings a fresh approach to the topic of financial freedom with her book, by focusing on you: What do you want out of life and how does money fit into that?

During USANA’s 2013 International Convention, Kate and I chatted about the book. Here is what she had to say about how you can benefit from Money: A Love Story:

If you’re unable to view the above video, please visit the USANA YouTube channel

Freedom For All

In Chapter 3, Kate says “Money is a tool to create choice, the ultimate freedom in our lives.” In fact, throughout Money: A Love Story, you learn how to take control and free yourself to live the life you want. This is a book that everyone can learn from, no matter what the state of your finances, or how comfortable, or uncomfortable, you are talking about money. Through exercises, journaling and some thought-provoking questions, Kate guides you to be fully aware of your financial life.

Kate also shared her message on the TODAY show. Wow!!

Win A Copy

Now is your chance to win one of three signed copies of Money: A Love Story. Leave a comment sharing one thing you are doing to take control of your finances and begin your love story with money. We will draw three names at random.

Congratulations, Kate. I know Money: A Love Story will be shared by many.

We’re proud to bring you the freshest content on the web! Follow USANA on Twitter, like our USANA Facebook page and enjoy the latest videos on the official USANA YouTube channel.

USANA True Health Foundation

Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.
comments

Tags: , , , , ,

Lisa Kuftinec

About the Author

About the Author: Lisa frequently brings (healthy) baked goods to the office to make meetings better. She is a Fringe addict and rates USANA International Convention as one of her top 5 annual events. .

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Subscribe via RSS Feed Connect on Instagram Connect on Pinterest Connect on Google Plus Connect on Flickr Join Our LinkedIn Company Connect on YouTube

18 Reader Comments

Trackback URL Comments RSS Feed

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Attaining Financial Freedom: Loving Yourself & Your Money - smart world trade | September 20, 2013
  1. Gina says:

Building my USANA business.

2. I plan my weekly meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks!) and make a list to tale to the grocery store! That way, there is no overspending on useless “stuff”!

3. Diane Saunders says:

I am with a Law of Attraction group and we have a creed for attracting a better financial situation: “I am in the process of attracting all the resources I need to attract and allow my Financial Situation. That will feel so good! Imagine having income I need, living expenses and more! That is what I am allowing and attracting.
    The Law Of Attraction is organizing and orchestrating everything that needs to happen in my Ideal Financial Situation. Yay to that!

4. Cheryl Godsey says:

I align my money decisions with my beliefs. When I accomplish this I have peace knowing it goes to necessities and causes in which I find purpose.

5. Carol Ebert says:

I’m starting a book study group around the book so I can work thru my money issues with like-minded supportive friends who might also like to connect with my business.

6. Mylene Aninang says:

I manage my earnings and fiances by making sure i allocate 30% first for savings/investments, then the rest i divide it to 10% for tithing, 20% for monthly amortizations, 20% household expenses, and the last 20% for emergency/ contingency/ support funds. And i list my daily expenses to make sure we dont go much beyond our daily budget.

7. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on Kate’s new book.
    1 Thing that I am doing to take control of my finances is: Focusing on the money that I am currently bringing into my life and celebrating that instead of focusing on lack and not enough. This has been a great perspective shift as I start seeing that I am capable of drawing money into my life from different sources and it inspires me to create more!
    I recently told my coach that I see money management in my future. I am a Life Coach and something tells me that my relationship with money will help me help others soon. Quite interesting!

Thanks for the great post!

Melissa ;)

8. Carly says:

I am building my USANA business!

9. Jane Kuehn says:

As a retiree, I’m finding more time to do all the things I love…writing, watercolor art, astronomy, and community involvement. Through USANA, I plan to fully pursue these passions while helping others, and finances are vital to full life integration.

10. The beauty of a USANA business, is that as you help others be proactive with their health and they pass that on to others as well, you all build residual income, which
    in turn can set your finances free. With that money, you are able to give more generously and make a huge impact in the world. Thanks for writing this book Kate!

• Lisa Kuftinec Lisa says:

Hi Deanna, Congratulations! You are one of our winners. I will arrange to have the signed book shipped out to you. Thanks a lot, Lisa

11. Judia says:

I am doing personal development every day to grow as a leader in Usana

12. Kathy Hancock says:

Thank you for addressing this issue, Kate. You are describing me and my hangups about making $$$.
    Can’t wait to read it! Also, love Carol Ebert’s book club idea!
    Best wishes to my USANA family!

13. Peggy says:

I’ve enlisted the help of good friend to be my accountability coach, to make sure I achieve my weekly Usana business building goals. She’s been great, and it’s working!

14. Lisa Kuftinec Lisa Kuftinec says:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your amazing comments.

Our contest is closed, and we will post the winners’ names on Monday.

Have a great weekend,
    Lisa

15. Lisa Kuftinec Lisa says:

Hi again,

Thank you again for all of your amazing comments. Our winners are:

Eve Monteverde Miller