Everyone has their own opinion of what beauty is and what it means. But really the most important thing is what it means to you.
What do you value in yourself that makes you beautiful? Is it the clothes you wear? How you treat others? Or is it how healthy you are?
We’re all different.
For me, it’s more about the person I strive to be. Some days I don’t feel beautiful at all, depending on what I did or didn’t do, or what I said or should have said. I know I will never be perfect, but I’m OK with that, as long as I know I am trying to be my very best every single day.
I have put together a list that may help you feel more beautiful. As you read through, maybe think of other things you can do — or are already doing — to add to the following:
1. Wear a tiara. Some of us may not believe we are beautiful, so this is a great way to remind ourselves we are. You can even wear your crown while you’re cleaning, running errands, or whenever you’re feeling down. Who cares? This is for you.
2. Tell yourself how beautiful you are each day and believe it. This is a tough one because many of us don’t have great self-esteem. But do it anyway. The more you express to yourself how beautiful you are, the more you’ll believe it.
3. Take care of yourself. To truly be beautiful on the inside and out, take care of yourself and give your body the nutrients it needs to be healthy. You’re likely already taking quality supplements, but be sure to eat right and exercise so your body can keep up with your hectic life. You can’t possibly be beautiful if you don’t feel beautiful.
4. Meditate and come closer to a higher power. This isn’t necessarily religion. Learning more about yourself and acknowledging that from which you were created gives you an understanding of your overall beauty. By meditating, you give your mind and body time to rejuvenate and clear out all the distractions of the world. That way, you can focus on what makes you the amazing person you are.
5. Be kind. We learned this in grade school, but I’m still amazed at how many people forget this simple, yet important rule. Some of the most beautiful people on earth happen to be the most caring and generous. What people in your life are beautiful inside and out? What about them makes them special?
We are all beautiful in our own way. I hope you’ll take time to discover what makes you the beautiful person you are.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.