Here’s the latest: I received an e-mail recently from Dax Ross, a good friend of the blog, about a remarkable individual. Sarah Hughen plans to surf every day for 365 days straight — A Wave a Day — rain or shine.
She started in May and is coming up on Day 100. It might sound like a good time but, as Dax notes, it is extremely challenging when you really think about it.
She’s taking on this challenge to raise awareness and funds for the Keep A Breast Foundation.
If you’re unable to view the video, please click here.
You no doubt read about this promotion on What’s Up, USANA? last week. It’s well underway now and we’re hoping you’re snapping photos that demonstrate what Champion means to you. Send in your photos and you could win some sweet items autographed by WTA players, who also happen to be USANA Brand Ambassadors!
What’s the Buzz?
- The Company You Keep: Do you know what to look for when choosing a nutritional supplements company? This five-part series offers a few thoughts.
- Have you had a chance to try the latest recipes From the USANA Test Kitchen? If so, please let us know what you think!
- USANA became an FDA-registered facility, news that generated quite a bit of buzz on social media.
In the News
USANA and its immediate family are making headlines. Here is a sampling of the press mentions over the last little while:
- USANA’s Todd DeBloois and John Cuomo provide information about protein shakes on Stefan Pinto’s health blog and is scheduled to appear in the national fitness column on Examiner.com.
- Did you see actress Kelly Rutherford sporting USANA supplements recently? She’s also tweeting about them. Be sure to follow her @KellyRutherford.
- Inman News columnist Tara-Nicholle Nelson reviews The Healthy Home.
- Way to go USANA employees who helped the company win the award for the Best Use of TravelWise Strategies in the Clear the Air Challenge!
A very happy birthday to HealthPak™, which turns 10 years old this month! USANA 1-Star Diamond Director Ani Black sent us a note reminding us of this historic occasion and we’re excited to celebrate!
This time of year always is filled with excitement and anticipation. Here’s a social media sneak peek of one Convention-only product that will be available…
What else will USANA unveil? You’ll just have to wait and see.
We’re less than a month away from the 2011 USANA International Convention. If you haven’t visited the Convention website recently, you’ll want to check it out. It’s your one-stop source for information leading up to the big event August 24-27, 2011. We’ll be there! Will you?
USANA Notebook is an occasional series of posts in which I compile various tidbits from within the corporate walls or from out in the field. The series will also at times include commentary on what’s happening throughout our industry and in social media. As always, please share this information with your networks and feel free to send along information that could be included in future posts. View previous Notebooks here.