It’s easy to think it’s totally out of our hands or wonder what one person can do to make a difference, but wouldn’t it be even better if we made choices that contribute towards making consistent, clean air a reality?
Here at USANA, we’re taking the challenge to “Clear the Air” throughout the month of July. This initiative lets us compete with other local companies and institutions to reduce our collective carbon footprint by carpooling, using alternative transportation and telecommuting.
Even if you’re lucky enough to live in a city with less air pollution, reducing your carbon footprint is still so important for our health and the environment. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Carpool – share a ride with coworkers to limit emissions from single occupancy vehicles.
- Public transportation – most big cities have a train and/or bus system that you could look into utilizing every now and then.
- Trip-chain – plan ahead and make one big trip with multiple stops along your route as opposed to taking multiple trips .
- Telecommute – talk to your employer about taking one or more days out of the week where you forgo using your vehicle altogether and perform all your duties from home.
- Walk or jog – not only will you reduce your emissions, you’ll also get your workout in.
- Bike, scooter, rollerblade – mostly just because it’s fun!
Will you be clearing the air with USANA green this July? Let us know in the comment section!
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.