I’ve loved Rev3 for a long time now. In fact, you may even call me a Ridiculous Revver. So I decided that for this month’s USANA Test Kitchen, I was going to do a little experiREV (or an experiment, for normal people). You see, I bought an ice cream maker last summer, and I’ve used it to make frozen yogurt. But what I really wanted to do was make Rev3 sorbet.
Having not made sorbet before, I scoured the interwebs for some homemade recipes. They all had fruit bases, so I figured I could try a recipe out with what I had sitting at home.
And what I had at home was grapefruit.
Now sure, it may not be most people’s first choice when it comes to a sorbet, but I thought the sourness of the grapefruit would be a fantastic complement to the sweetness (and awesomeness) of the Rev. And have you seen what grapefruits offer the body? In this article on LiveStrong.com, grapefruits are touted as supplying the body with vitamin C, carotenoids, and many more vitamins and minerals. Score.
I would suggest you do some of your own experimenting at home. I think I’m going to try blueberries and Rev3 next. Maybe strawberries. Or melon. The possibilities are endless.
Personally, I think my experiREV was a definite success. I loved my grapefruit Rev3 sorbet! It was light, refreshing, and tangy—perfect for an afternoon sitting in the sunshine with that book you’ve been meaning to read.
Grapefruit Rev3 Sorbet
1 can of Rev3 Energy® Drink
2 large grapefruits
¼ cup sugar (optional)
- Pour all but a ½ cup of the Rev3 into a saucepan. Boil the Rev3 until it is reduced to about ¼ cup.
- Squeeze the juice from the grapefruits. It should make about 2 cups of juice.
- Combine the reduced Rev3 with the grapefruit juice. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining ½ cup of Rev3 and mix.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker for the recommended time (I mixed it for about 20 minutes) or until the mixture is frozen. Serve and eat immediately for a creamy texture, or freeze for a harder sorbet.
Friendly tip: Do NOT eat this at night unless you plan on staying up for a while! Enjoy!
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.