https://whatsupusana.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Social-Media-for-Business.jpg 720 1280 Tim Haran http://whatsupusana.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/USANA_logo.png Tim Haran2013-11-20 08:00:352017-09-11 08:37:46Why is Social Media Important for Business?
Social media is redefining the way we communicate with each other, not to mention how we build and develop relationships. How’s that for stating the obvious? Yet most striking for me, as someone who spends a good amount of time online, is how social media is revolutionizing the way individuals interact with companies — or “brands” — on social media. For instance:
- Who asks Facebook friends for movie or restaurant recommendations rather than trusting a critic you’ve never met?
- Who instantly broadcasts a poor customer-service experience to Twitter?
- Who posts a picture to Instagram after making a significant — or not-so-significant — purchase?
Social Media and Network MarketingIn thinking about this topic, I came across an insightful blog post written Pete and Dora Zdanis, two highly successful entrepreneurs and skilled social-media-for-business users. The article emphasizes several social media best practices and offers advice for business owners seeking increased success with various platforms. Here are three points that resonated with me:
- Post information and ideas — not necessarily related to your specific business — that may benefit others and position you as a caring, helpful resource.
- Be transparent about who you are and what you represent, but don’t blatantly advertise or solicit business in a social media community.
- Social media is a tool in your business-building toolbox, but be careful to not rely on it as a primary business-building method.