Teamwork — it’s the glue that holds your business together. But how do you build a strong team? How do you increase camaraderie and move forward together?
With a little help from USANA Gold Director Bob Shehan, of course!
This dedicated leader recently hosted a USANA webinar, sharing his secrets for team success. He highlighted the steps necessary to bring and keep your team together.
Here are a just few of the tips you need to raise up new leaders and develop a strong team:
1. Set a Vision – Before you lead a team, you need to decide where you want them to go. What do you want your team to be known for? Attending events? Growth? Integrity?
Don’t create walls or set limits. Get together with the leaders of your team and decide what your vision will be. Then you have a collective, set direction you can work toward together.
Work to qualify for incentives, go on the trips, participate in webinars and conference calls, take pictures with other leaders, and meet guest speakers.
Not only is it exciting to do these things for yourself, but the pictures will inspire your team members as well.
3. Bring Your Team Together – It’s important to realize that you have a volunteer army for a team. You can’t make people do things.
So how do you get your team to work? You encourage, direct and inspire.
You work with the willing, and you get them together. Host events, hold trainings, plan parties and create bonding experiences. Why? Because together your teammates are working on their vision and their why. That’s powerful because then they’ll stay plugged in, and hold each other accountable.
4. Attend Events – Events are critical. They expose your teammates to new things, involve them in something bigger and motivate them to upgrade their business efforts.
Your job is to take your team and plug them in to bigger events. Promote events, and share your pictures and experiences from prior events. Buy extra Convention passes and use them as incentives or rewards for team contests.
5. Raise Up New Leaders – In order to raise up new leaders, you want to get people involved. Even though they may not do things as well as you do in the beginning, you have to step back and let them learn.
Don’t do everything for them. Teach them to use their strengths. When you step back and let your teammates take the lead, you’ll be amazed to see them step up and grow their businesses as effectively as their leader — you.
6. Communicate – The key to keeping people together is communication. Your team is brand new — they don’t know everything. They are relying on you to tell them when events and conference calls are. They are waiting for you to show them how to grow. They rely on you for motivation, inspiration, and education.
Find ways to communicate with your team that work. Try e-mails, texting, Facebook, conference calls, webinars, face-to-face meetings and group meetings. However you decide to communicate as a team, stay in touch.
Remember, building a strong team all starts with you. You are the one who needs to step up, plug in, communicate and create a vision. You are the tour guide, showing your team members the way.
Stop waiting and start building! It’s time to develop a strong team and become the leader you were meant to be.
To pick up more great tips from our top leaders, check out our upcoming Your Next Step to Success webinar series.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.