Maybe you remember that last month, we held a #RESETNation recipe contest to collect some of your best USANA recipes. And, well, you delivered.
We received over 80 different, mouth-watering recipes that all used a USANA foods ingredient in one way or another. Some were savory and a lot were sweet. Personally, my favorite part was the taste-testing. Obviously.
Missy Bird, a writer for USANA, and I stirred, cooked and baked all morning one day back in March and brought in the top 10 dishes for a panel of judges to try out. While they were all good, one savory recipe stood out above the rest!
- 1 c. fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 red chilis, minced
- 1/4 c. pistachios, soaked in water
- 2 c. chickpeas, boiled and drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fibergy Plus
- salt to taste
1. Place the basil leaves, garlic and chilis in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add in the pistachios (drained), chickpeas, olive oil, water, lemon juice, Fibergy Plus and salt. Pulse until smooth.
3. Place in a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve with fresh vegetables, pita wedges or crackers. This is also great as a sandwich spread!
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.