If you’re not familiar with What’s Up USANA’s Inside Beauty blog posts, you’re seriously missing out. We’ve covered everything from what it takes to look (and feel) your best in the scorching heat to the mind-blowing benefits of USANA’s incredible Sensé products.
And over time, we’ve thrown a lot of information at you. So much in fact, that we thought it might be a good idea to revisit some of the most beneficial tips from past Inside Beauty blog posts. So, here they are!
- Get hydrated! Your body is thirsty and keeping your organs hydrated is vital — that means your skin, too (the largest organ of them all!). The long busy work days can starve your body of the proper moisture it wants and deserves. Replenishing your liquids throughout the day will keep you looking and feeling great. Water is always the top quencher, so drink up!
- Night-time nourishment. Night creams work wonders at hydrating the skin while your body undergoes a night time cell renewal and rejuvenation process. Sensé Night Renewal Crème is specifically designed to deeply moisturize and repair the damage of the day so that you awake to a more youthful, glowing complexion.
- Never go to bed with makeup on. This is a hard one. Sometimes you are just so exhausted! I’m totally guilty of dozing off while watching E! News and then stumbling up to bed without removing my makeup from the day. Going to sleep with a full face of makeup sets you up for a facial disaster! Not only does it clog your pores and keep your skin from breathing properly, but it prevents you from applying your nightly skin products which are designed to reinvigorate your complexion overnight.
- Moisturize your body. Protecting your skin and replacing lost moisture will dramatically improve tone and texture. Try Firming Body Nourisher immediately after your shower. Apply a liberal amount of this lightweight lotion to your entire body. It contains Glycolic Acid and Ceramide 3 to visibly improve skin’s firmness and texture.
Also, for extra dry hands try Intensive Hand Therapy. It’s soothing, non-greasy formula contains ingredients like aloe, beeswax, and soy to deeply hydrate and renew hands.
- Exfoliate. Your skin has many layers and the outermost is called the stratum corneum that is made up of dead, flat skin cells that shed about every two weeks. Think of this layer as a barrier that you have to remove to deeply penetrate the skin. The best way to do this is by gently exfoliating two to three times a week.
- Target your eyes. Everyone wants to look like they get plenty of sleep. And it would be ideal if we all could get 8 hours of sound sleep each night. As wonderful as that sounds, a lot of us are only getting about 6 on average. Puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines age our appearance and can be the result of lack of sleep, genetics, or diet.
Sensé Eye Nourisher targets the appearance of crow’s feet and dark circles. Exclusive USANA technologies combine with soothing botanicals to brighten and firm for younger-looking eyes.
Fun trick: Pop it in the freezer a few minutes before applying to help with morning puffiness. It also wouldn’t hurt to try USANA’s *Pure Rest™ melatonin supplement designed to support better sleep.
- Remember to supplement. It’s important to keep a healthy, well-balanced diet, but adding supplements can provide you with guaranteed amounts of vital nutrients that you could be missing from your diet. Try the MyHealthPak Beauty Edition for a synergistic blend of nutrients known to help your complexion.
- Always use SPF. The best way to prevent the look of premature aging, wrinkles, and dark spots is with broad spectrum SPF. Every morning, after cleansing your face, apply Sensé Daily Protective Moisturizer with SPF 15 liberally to your face and neck. This unique formula will not only nourish your delicate skin and provide nutrient benefits like vitamin C, the sunscreen will help protect your complexion from UV damage. This is the most critical step in fighting the signs of aging skin.
- Dress for success. Clothes have a way of reflecting our mood and attitude. Make sure your outfit is clean, neat, and ironed. Keep in mind, clothes that do not fit your body well are not flattering and can often be distracting. Remember, your goal is to feel confident about yourself.
- Be kind. True beauty isn’t all about what you look like on the outside. This is, after all, the Inside Beauty Series, so be kind. We learned this in grade school, but I’m still amazed at how many people forget this simple, yet important rule. Some of the most beautiful people on earth happen to be the most caring and generous. Which people in your life are beautiful inside and out? What about them makes them special?
Editor’s Note: Tips were compiled from previous posts written by frequent What’s Up, USANA? contributors Misty Dangel, Jessica Reimer, and me (Mallory Moger)!
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.