I know what you’re thinking: Rev3 Energy® Drink in fajitas?! What kind of madness is this? It’s delicious madness—I promise.
With so many recipes that use soda as a marinade or cooking agent, it just makes sense to try it with Rev3, too. (I’m partial to pork and Dr. Pepper, but it isn’t exactly healthy.) Because fajitas are pretty versatile, the combination of chicken and Rev3 is surprisingly tasty.
I used chicken for this recipe, but you could easily substitute it with pork or beef. I don’t think it would be as good with ground meat as it should marinate in the Rev3 before cooking.
To add to the versatility, you can use any variety of peppers—I prefer red, orange, yellow, and green for color—and substitute corn for flour tortillas. And any toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, green onions, or beans, can be used.
If you want to kick it up a notch, use this amazing Café Rio copycat creamy tomatillo dressing. (If you’ve ever eaten at Café Rio, you know how good this dressing is. And if you haven’t, you really need to check it out.)
Rev3 Chicken Fajitas (makes 3 servings)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken strips, cut into strips
- 1 can of Rev3 Energy® Drink
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning (or make your own, like this one)
- 9 corn tortillas
- Additional desired toppings: cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Put the cut chicken strips and 1/2 cup of Rev3 into a Ziploc bag to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Slice onion and peppers into thin strips and place in the pan. Cook until tender and remove from pan.
- Place marinated chicken strips in the same pan and cook through (3–4 minutes). Drain if necessary. Add the fajita seasoning and 1/4 cup of Rev3 to the pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add the onion and peppers back in and heat through.
- Serve on corn tortillas with desired toppings: cheese, sour cream, tomatillo dressing, etc.
- Drink the rest of the Rev3—you deserve it.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- 315 calories
- 6.4 g fat
- 40 g carbs
- 13.6 g sugar
- 5.5 g fiber
- 23 g protein
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.