A first for me this morning. I ran my first 5K ever in just under 30 minutes. I had a bad night and woke up early anyway, and I knew that I need to be able to run a 5K in time for the True Health Foundation Champions for Change 5K at the 2012 USANA International Convention.
So I thought, “Why not start today?”
Lots of people my age can do it in less than 20 minutes and they run full marathons. I have a friend who ran an 80-mile ultra marathon two weeks ago. So why be proud of my first 5K at 42? It’s because 4 months ago I don’t think I could have finished anything over a mile.
- I’ve lost 21 pounds since March thanks to USANA, a revamped MyHealthPak and Phase 3 Maintain RESET, which means there is less of me to carry around. Thank you to USANA, Dr. Wentz and Sanoviv for that.
- Three-times-a-week cross fit at work to strengthen my lungs, thank you USANA and my instructor Dave Buckles for that.
- And finally, a beautiful wife and daughter who will go on bike rides with me even in 95-degree weather.
The cost is a $25 donation to the True Health Foundation, 100% of which goes to the mission of alleviating poverty and hunger and to help with international relief.
Here are the details:
- Date: Saturday, August 18, 2012
- Time: Registration begins at 6 a.m. 5K run-walk starts at 7 a.m.
- Location: 100 South 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Register Here: USANA True Health Foundation
We’re proud to bring you the freshest content on the web! Follow USANA on Twitter, like our USANA Facebook page and enjoy the latest videos on the official USANA YouTube channel.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
Discover what USANA products can do to boost your health today by taking this brief online Health Assessment.