USANA has partnered with the WTA since 2006, and continues to provide its high-quality, NSF-tested nutritional products to more than 170 WTA athletes, including 15 athletes in the WTA Top 20, and eight of the Top 10.
And through this partnership, USANA has signed some of the WTA’s most notable names as USANA Brand Ambassadors—Sam Stosur, Genie Bouchard, Sloane Stephens, Madison Keys, Monica Puig, and Zhang Shuai—which is why we’re excited to announce that we’ve teamed up with another familiar face and name, Caroline Wozniacki!
Currently ranked No. 5 in the world, the 24-year-old Danish star is in her tenth year on tour, and holds an impressive 23 singles and two doubles WTA tour titles to her name—her most recent title coming from the BMW Malaysian Open just two weekends ago!
“Right now I feel very passionate about my game and that I am playing better now than I have in past years,” said Wozniacki. “I feel better mentally and physically than I did this time last year and am excited to see what opportunities this season brings my way. I’m thankful to be able to team up with a company like USANA that cares about my well-being and I know we can do great things together.”
Wozniacki has also represented Denmark in the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games, and has recently made headlines for her impressive finish in the 2014 NYC Marathon and an appearance in the 2015 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
Beginning last week at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, every ace served at Premier-level WTA events will translate into a donation for the Foundation. For every ace served by Wozniacki and the other seven USANA Ambassadors, the WTA will donate $10, and for every ace served by any other player, the WTA will donate $5.
WTA athlete Zheng Saisai, also signed on as a Brand Ambassador just last week! The 21-year-old is currently the second-highest ranked Chinese athlete on tour, holds one WTA doubles title, and was a semifinalist at this year’s tournament in Shenzhen. In 2014, Zheng was selected by the fans as one of four Rising Stars to participate in the Rising Stars Invitational at the WTA Finals in Singapore.
- Abraham “Abie” Han joins Team USANA’s impressive list of boxers with a 23-2, 14 KO’s record. The IBF Middleweight was named 2014 SWFight.com Fighter of the Year and trains in El Paso alongside fellow Brand Ambassador, Austin Trout.
- After switching from a career mostly spent in the 400-meter hurdle to running as an 800 specialist, U.S. track and field star Brandon Johnson, had an incredible 2013 season, finishing third in the 2013 USA Outdoor Championships 800m. The 2016 Olympic hopeful is currently focused on making the World Championships team and bringing home a medal.
- Carli Lloyd helped the U.S. Women’s National Team win its 10th Algarve Cup title, scoring two goals throughout the tournament.
- USANA held its annual WTA video and photo shoot last weekend in Indian Wells to shoot new content with seven of our Brand Ambassadors before they began play at the BNP Paribas Open. Be sure to keep an eye out for some exciting things!
- U.S. Speedskating’s Brittany Bowe and Heather Richardson continued their 1-2 streak at the World Sprint Championships in Astana, Kazakhstan, where Bowe was named World Champion.
- A week later, Richardson impressed at the World Allround Championships in Calgary, placing first in the women’s 500m race with a time of 37.11 seconds, breaking the Championships record of 37.51.
- USA Luge ended its World Cup season by clinching a crystal globe for its third place finish in the Team Relay World Cup overall standings. The team also walked away with 12 World Cup medals, tying the organizations single season high set in 1996-1997.
- After a strong jump, Bryan Fletcher skied to a top-five finish in the large hill Nordic Combined event at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun.
- Defending World Champion, Sarah Hendrickson took sixth place at the World Championships in Falun. Hendrickson and the rest of the WSJ-USA team are currently in Oslo, Norway for the World Cup Competition.
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who have received compensation for their partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.