If you’re like me, you probably think your mother is pretty special. Which means that when Mother’s Day rolls around, you want to give her the perfect gift that will express how much you appreciate all she’s done for you throughout the years.
No doubt, being a mother has its perks, but it can also be super stressful. Worrying about you every day (for good reason, too) and risking her life to teach you how to drive a car has more than likely taken a toll on her nerves. So why not give her the perfect “De-stressing Mother’s Day Gift Basket” tailored just for her!
This gift takes some thought, so if you need some ideas to get you started crafting the perfect gift basket for mom, just check out the list of items I’m giving my mom:
- Aromatherapy candle: Because I know my mom so well, I think I’ll go with the soothing smell of a lavender candle. She can put this in her room next to her bed while she’s reading or set it out on display in the the living room to fill the whole house with a relaxing scent.
- Bath salts: These are great to throw in the tub after a long, hard day. Shut off the lights, light your aromatherapy candle and soak in a bath of warm water and bath salts…just melt those stresses away. My mom’s favorites are the AHAVA mineral bath salts.
- Body lotion: My mom’s (and sisters’) favorite body lotion is Sense’s Firming Body Nourisher. She says she can almost feel it nourishing her skin and she loves the long lasting feeling of smooth and soft skin that it leaves behind.
- Face cream mask: As my mother ages, she’s always looking for the latest and greatest skincare products. I had her try Sense’s Nutritious Crème Mask and she’s in love!
- New book: My mom loves crime novels and her two favorite authors are James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell.
- Cheese and wine: As a wine-loving family, I think I’ll put her favorite bottle of red wine in the basket. Right now, that’s Cupcake’s Red Velvet. Pair that with some triple crème brie cheese and she’ll be in heaven.
- Sidenote: We like to buy our cheese local, so I’d get this at the local farmers market.
- Dark chocolate: And treats wouldn’t be the same without a little dessert, so I need to get my mom some Lindt Lindor dark chocolate truffles to enjoy. (Don’t worry, my mom knows better than to indulge in too much chocolate (and wine), so I know these will last for a while in her house.)
- Noise canceling headphones: My mom is a dog lover and currently has her little pooch and my sister’s living at her house. As adorable as they are, they can make a lot of noise. Whether it’s barking at the kids walking home from school or the neighbors dog got out again, they always seem to be yapping at something. So I know my mother would love this!
- Homemade sugar scrub
- Household chore coupons
- Homemade cookies
- Hand-written letter
- Breakfast in bed (not a gift that can be put into a gift basket, but it sure is a nice way to help mom relax and start the day stress free).
I hope I gave you some good ideas to make your mom the perfect de-stressing gift basket for Mother’s Day (May 10th!). But don’t follow my list, think about your mom and what she would like. Because really, you’ve put your mom through a lot. She deserves the best.
For all you moms out there, there’s no shame in giving your kids a little hint to point them in the right direction! Share this blog post with them!
Have a happy Mother’s Day!
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.