OK, I really just wanted to bake. So we split up the recipes in the sweet and savory categories. (Read about the winning savory recipe here.)
Few things in life are better than the smell of something baking in the oven. Bread, cookies, cake. The aroma from the winning recipe in the sweet category was exceptional. I mean, it took all of my willpower to not try one before the taste test.
While all of the recipe finalists in the sweet category were fantastic, these muffins stood out. Not only did they smell amazing, they were delicious.
I implore you to try them for yourself. Trust me, your nose—and taste buds—will thank me. Actually, you should thank Jeannie.
Crumbly Nana Muffins (makes six large or 12 regular muffins)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup French Vanilla Nutrimeal™
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin tin with cooking spray, or use muffin liners.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and Nutrimeal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and butter. Stir into the flour mixture until evenly mixed. Fill muffin tins with batter and set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Add in butter, using a fork to cut the butter into a crumble. Evenly mix the butter pieces as finely as possible until it looks like cornmeal.
- Cover the muffins with the crumble. Bake in the oven for 18–20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.