USANA Notebook: On Being Useful, Being Honored, & More
Social media moves pretty fast. It seems there’s always a hot new site to explore (Pinterest, anyone?) or new features to wade through on sites we use everyday (see: Facebook, Twitter).
Every once in a while, it’s refreshing to get back to basics.
I attended a Social Commerce Exchange event last week (a fairly large gathering of social media types). Many of the speakers were excellent, but the presentation by Kyle Snarr of StruckAxiom, a creative agency here in Salt Lake City, resonated most with me.
He discussed various blogging trends and how a company’s social strategy really shouldn’t be different from its overall brand strategy. Among the nuggets of wisdom…
- Focus on quality, original content.
- Create a hub (i.e. your blog) for that content and share, share, share.
- 83% of Millenials sleep with a mobile device (not The Healthy Home-approved, but…).
But this was my biggest takeaway: Continue a long-term trend toward usefulness. Have something to say.
That’s what we preach here at USANA, but it’s always nice to hear it from someone else.
USANA Earns Top Honors … Again
USANA once again dominated the 2011 MLM Insider awards. Thank you to everyone who helped USANA take home the top prize in the following categories:
- Best Company in Network Marketing
- Best Nutritional Company in Network Marketing
- Best Weight Loss Company in Network Marketing
- Binary: Best Compensation Plan in Network Marketing
- Dr. Denis Waitley: Best Generic Trainer in Network Marketing
USANA Receives Accreditation from Better Business Bureau
We all know USANA produces high quality, science-based nutritionals you can trust. Now, we’ve received accreditation from the Better Business Bureau to support that. Check out the BBB logo on the What’s Up, USANA? home page. Hover over the logo and see USANA’s current rating (as of today, A+!)
What’s the Buzz?
Here are select topics discussed on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere in the last little while. Are you following?
- The social media world is abuzz with news about the Health and Happiness Summit with Dr. Oz event scheduled for Feb. 25 in New York City.
- Keep a close eye on the USANA Athletes Facebook Page for frequent updates about several of our sponsored athletes. From women’s ski jumping to speedskating to skiing and snowboarding, it’s an exciting time to be involved with Team USANA!
- Larsen Global Alliance Podcasts: It’s always exciting to see folks exploring new ways of spreading information about USANA. I stumbled upon the inaugural Larsen Global podcast recently and encourage readers to check it out! Here’s information about the series with a link to the first episode. (P.S. Keep an eye out for our own What’s Up, USANA? podcasts in the near future)
- We really enjoyed reading this I Am Modern article written by good friend of social media and USANA Associate Stacia Kelly. Great information!
- If you haven’t visited the Corporate Blog (http://blog.usana.com) in a while, you should. It’s got a whole new look and valuable content geared specifically toward USANA Associates.
It was in the last USANA Notebook that we introduced the first 2012 International Convention teaser video.
Well, USANA Studios’ talented Scott Porter has done it again. Here’s the latest video announcing the incredible lineup of speakers that will share one stage at #USANA12 in mid-August.
Registration is now open. We hope you’ll take advantage of this event that happens only once every 20 years!
If you’re unable to view the video, please click here.
USANA Notebook is an occasional series of posts in which I compile various tidbits from within the corporate walls or from out in the field. The series will also at times include commentary on what’s happening throughout our industry and in social media. As always, please share this information with your networks and feel free to send along information that could be included in future posts. View previous Notebooks here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!