USANA Health Sciences http://whatsupusana.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/USANA_logo.png USANA Health Sciences2012-04-05 08:00:272012-04-05 08:00:27Share Good Health and Add Life to Your Years
This Saturday, people around the world are being asked to focus on one health challenge — aging and health. April 7 is World Health Day. Each year, the World Health Organization marks its anniversary by highlighting an area of concern. This year, the focus is “good health adds life to years.” The idea is that good health throughout your life impacts your happiness and productivity during your later years. It’s a theme near and dear to USANA — true health adds life to your years. Aging concerns each and every one of us no matter our age or economic circumstances. We encourage everyone to share the message of good health. Let’s all work together to be healthy and to make the USANA family the healthiest family on earth! Key facts on aging, according to the World Health Organization
- The number of people today aged 60 and over has doubled since 1980.
- The number of people aged 80 years will almost quadruple to 395 million between now and 2050.
- Within the next five years, the number of adults aged 65 and over will outnumber children under the age of 5.
- By 2050, these older adults will outnumber all children under the age of 14.
- The majority of older people live in low- or middle-income countries. By, 2050, this number will have increased to 80%.