Earlier this week you read that a few of us were meeting with our WTA Brand Ambassadors for our annual photo shoot, and that you should stay tuned for an exciting announcement.
Well, wait no more…
USANA and the WTA’s partnership has been considered a perfect match since its inception in 2006, so it makes sense that USANA would remain the Official Health Supplement Supplier of the WTA another three years, and continue to provide its high-quality nutritional products to more than 160 WTA athletes, including 14 athletes in the WTA Top 20, and seven of the Top 10.
“We are thrilled to continue our relationship with USANA for another three years. In 2006, the WTA searched for a company that would fulfill a longtime request by players for nutritional supplements that are guaranteed to be free of banned substances on the WADA Prohibitive List. USANA stood out as an organization that felt so strongly about the quality and purity of its product, and we look forward to our continued partnership with this great company.”
— Stacey Allaster, WTA Chairman and CEO
The significantly upgraded terms also include an international roster of ambassadors, significant marketing, digital and social media activation benefits, and sponsorship of nine WTA events across all regions of the world, including the year-end WTA Championships in Singapore, to better reach USANA’s 19 international markets.
“We are honored to be able to extend our relationship with the WTA and continue providing our quality supplements to these elite female athletes. We look forward to what the future has in store for our partnership,” said Dan Macuga, USANA’s chief communications officer.
So who are the players that are making up USANA’s international roster of Brand Ambassadors? Please welcome to Team USANA the following seven players who will personally endorse USANA and its products.
- Eugenie Bouchard is currently ranked No. 19 in the world — after a stellar Australia Open performance — and is also the No. 1-ranked player in Canada. The 20 year-old rising star was recently named WTA Newcomer of the Year.
- Madison Keys is only 19-years-old, but she’s already created an impressive resume, including being named the No. 1-ranked teenager in the WTA. The young American is ranked No. 38 overall.
- Monica Puig broke into the Top 50 last summer, finishing the year in the 38th position. Puig is also the No. 1 player from Puerto Rico.
- Zhang Shuai is only 25, but has already secured five career WTA titles — one singles and four doubles titles — and represented China at the 2012 London Games.
- Samantha Stosur holds 29 WTA titles, including 2011 US Open champion, and is currently ranked No. 17 in the world. The 29-year-old is also the No. 1 player from Australia.
- Zheng Jie has won four singles titles and 15 on the doubles side in her 11-year career. The Chinese star is also a three-time summer Olympian.
- Sloane Stephens made a name for herself after defeating Serena Williams in the quarterfinals of the 2013 Australian Open and was named ESPN’s “Next” in Tennis. The 20-year-old is ranked No. 18.
“Last year was a big year for me and I know being healthy played a large role in my overall performance,” Stephens said. “USANA has helped me recover faster, train harder and stay healthy on the road, and I’m thankful to have them on my team.”
USANA and the WTA are also launching its inaugural “Aces for Humanity” campaign to help raise awareness and funds for the USANA True Health Foundation. Beginning this week at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, every ace served at Premier-level WTA events will translate into a $5 donation to the foundation; $10 per ace served by an ambassador.
Stay in the Know
Throughout the coming months, you will be seeing and hearing from our Ambassadors about why they choose USANA, how they got started in tennis and more, so be sure to follow USANA Athletes on Facebook and @TeamUSANA on Twitter and Instagram.
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who have received compensation for their partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA¹s True Health Assessment.