And while we gear up for more football, soccer, basketball and all things on ice and snow, we must not overlook the accomplishments that have been, well…accomplished during these final summer months.
AFC Bournemouth is six weeks into its first year in the English Premier League (EPL) and have already showed the competition it’s a force to be reckoned with.
With five matches under their belt, the Cherries have only allowed their opponents a total of six goals and have scored seven of their own—four of which were scored during the clubs first win against West Ham United. The week 3 victory even earned AFC Bournemouth the League Managers’ Association LG performance of the week award. The Cherries secured their first home EPL game win over the weekend.
The club next faces Stoke City on Saturday, September 26.
Trout Records TKO
In a nearly flawless performance, Austin “No Doubt” Trout stunned Joey Hernandez with a TKO in the sixth round, with a flurry of body punches, on September 8. Austin’s record now sits at an impressive 30-2 with 17 KO’s.
The winter season is right around the corner, but that doesn’t mean Team USANA’s winter athletes haven’t been hard at work. When you’re a professional athlete, there is no time off.
- Last month Bryan Fletcher notched a repeat national title at the U.S. Nordic Combined Championships, while younger brother Taylor Fletcher took third in the event.
- The Fletchers also led the U.S. at the Summer Grand Prix in Germany, where Taylor and Bryan finished 13th and 23rd respectively, in the finale.
- World Champion Sarah Hendrickson announced that she will not compete this season as she focuses on recovering from surgery she underwent on her right knee.
WTA Quick Hitters
Let’s just say it’s been a busy third quarter for our WTA Ambassadors and let the stats speak for themselves…
- Since August, Zheng Saisai has captured one singles and three doubles WTA titles! Her most recent two were earned at the Dalian Women’s Tennis Open, where she recorded her biggest singles title of her career and her second WTA 125K doubles title in 2015.
- WTA 125K Series, Jiangxi Women’s Tennis Open
- Bank of West Classic Doubles winner
- Madison Keys and Sam Stosur made it to R16 of the US Open before falling to their opponents, while Genie Bouchard (who also made it to R16) had to withdraw from the Open after suffering from a concussion.
- Prior to the US Open, Sam won her eighth career singles title at the Nürnberger Gastein Ladies 2015, becoming her second WTA title of the season. Sam also recorded her 500th win of her career last month.
- Sloane Stephens won her first WTA title at the Citi Open in DC, beating Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 61, 62.
Meaghan Mikkelson is due with her first child any day now and has announced the she and her husband will be announcing the name of their son—based on the final names of her #NameMyBaby campaign—live on Periscope from the hospital room! Follow her at @Mikkelson12 to hear the announcement first.
A quick, but big welcome to the following athletes who recently joined Team USANA! Make sure to give them some love and follow them on Twitter.
- Matt Antoine, US Skeleton – @MattAntoine
- Mookie Salaam, US Track and Field (Sprinter) – @rakieemsalaam
- David Verburg, US Track and Field (400 M) – @AdiVerb
- Kind Butler III, US Track and Field (400M) – @KindButler
- Damar Forbes, Jamaican Track and Field (Long Jump) – @damarforbes
- Marilyn Okoro, British Track and Field (800M) – @mokoro4
- Will Compton, Linebacker for the Washington Redskins – @_willcompton
- Ian Marsden, UK Paralympian – @IanMarsdenGB
- Tyler Sigl, US Ultra-marathoner
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who have received compensation for their partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.