Are you as excited as I am for USANA’s 2014 International Convention — #USANA14, for those in the know?
If you’re unable to view the above video, please visit the USANA YouTube channel
We can’t wait to see you all in Salt Lake City next week. But if, for one reason or another, you aren’t able to make it, we’ve got you covered.
You’ll want to keep an eye on USANA’s social media throughout convention — #USANA14 — and we’ll do our best to help you feel like you’re here with us!
This year more than ever you’ll want to follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram — that’s where you’ll find the most up-to-date, behind-the-scenes, exclusive information about this one-of-a-kind event.
That said, it’s not too late to register (and there’s always on-site registration).
If you are planning to join us in person, be sure to take a look at Gold Director Kathleen Rockney’s annual list of convention travel tips before you embark on this unforgettable journey (you’ll be glad you did).
Welcome to #USANA14
We like to call what we do during convention the USANA Social Media Experience. Sure, we’ve got a detailed spreadsheet outlining all the big announcements, can’t-miss speakers, and convention-only events. Keep an eye here and especially on USANAToday.com (login required) so you don’t miss any on-the-agenda items.
But what I’m even more excited about is our plan to offer blog readers, Facebook fans, and Twitter and Instagram followers a fast-paced, behind-the-scenes tour unlike any other. We can’t wait for you to be part of The Experience — 2014 style.
As in previous years, we encourage you to be part of the USANA conversation taking place in Salt Lake City and throughout the world. That means commenting on blog posts, sharing your thoughts on Facebook, and expressing your excitement throughout the twitterverse! Hot tip: don’t forget to tag your posts with #USANA14!
Follow the Action Online
The following sites are must-visits whether or not you’re at convention (for a complete list of our sites, check out this page):
- What’s Up, USANA?: A no-brainer. The blog will provide frequent updates between now and the end of convention. Exclusive photos, videos, and quotes from USANA’s elite. You’ll want to check this site often.
- Facebook: While the vast majority of convention content will be posted on our USANA Health Sciences, Inc. Page, don’t forget to check out some of the other pages from time to time: Rev3 Energy, Sensé Beautiful Science, USANA True Health Foundation — and a host of market-specific sites.
- Twitter: If you’re not already a follower of @USANAinc, become one today! This is where you’ll get real-time information about a variety of topics (announcements, specials, convention-only tidbits, etc.). We will be tweeting constantly.
- Instagram: This is a newer one for us! Follow along and tag your photos with #USANA14 and #USANAlifestyle. Hot tip: Read on to find out why you’ll really want to be following on Instagram and Twitter.
- #USANA14: Please include #USANA14 at the end of your status updates (even on Facebook!) during convention. This notation is called a hashtag and it allows convention-related tweets to be sorted for easy viewing.
Interactive, Mobile Social Media Station
For the first time, the USANA social media team will be mobile! Well, we’ve always been mobile, running from one end of convention to the other, but this year is different. This year we are introducing Social Media on Wheels (we still need a name for it; any ideas?)!
Look for the social media team — wagon in tow — roaming about the Salt Palace and EnergySolutions Arena, looking to give away exclusive t-shirts, scouting for the perfect selfie spot and interacting with our loyal social media fans.
Express Your Selfie (#USANASelfie)
Who likes taking selfies? Now’s your chance to show the world how much fun you’re having at #USANA14. Check out this blog post for all the details and start brushing up on your selfie-taking skills (after all, prizes are at stake!)
You Want More!? You Got It!
Be sure to follow @USANAinc on social media to learn how to get your hands on some sweet convention-only swag:
- Exclusive Social Media T-Shirt: Or rather, Tweet-shirt. USANA’s Chris Bambrough created this shirt especially for our social media fans. Pay close attention … we’ll be giving these away at certain times throughout convention. Last year’s shirt was extremely popular.
- Exclusive Social Media Pin: Pins are such an important part of USANA, and we’re back for Year 5 of the Social Media Pin. This one’s pretty sweet. Again, stay tuned to learn where/how you can get your hands on one of these collectibles during convention.
- Digital Download Pack: We’ve created all-electronic documents for you to maximize your social media presence. The pack — completely free and easily downloadable — includes USANA-themed backgrounds, Facebook Cover Photos, a Beginner’s Guide to Social Media, and more!
- Social Media Online Resources: Finally, if you’re a USANA Associate, be sure to visit the Social Networking page on USANAtoday.com to unlock a wealth of resources.
There’s an App for #USANA14
I hope you’ve downloaded the USANA Events app! It proved to be incredibly popular — and valuable — last year. This is something we in social media are incredibly excited about.
From planning out your daily schedule to reading up on all the amazing presenters to easily sharing your thoughts about sessions/presenters on social media, the app does it all.
Plus, the handy map feature makes sure you know where you need to be at all times!
Give it a spin and let us know what you think.
USANA Live Stream
The USANA Live Stream Crew will be back for another year of live broadcasts throughout convention. Please join us at various times during #USANA14 as we share behind-the-scenes information, welcome special guests and demonstrate exactly why #USANA14 is a can’t-miss event!
The excitement starts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 9:30 a.m. MDT (or so). Keep an eye on Twitter to keep updated on other broadcasts throughout convention. We encourage you to check it out!
More Questions? No Problem!
We’re happy to answer any social media questions you may have during #USANA14, but we know how crazy convention can get. If you’re unable to stop by the Social Media area in the USANA Store next week, we encourage you to join us for an exclusive webinar on Sept. 10.
Attendees will dictate the content. Sure, we’ll provide a bit of practical information about getting the most out of social media, but most of all, we’ll be available to answer your questions!
Here are the details:
- Date: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2014
- Time: 7 p.m. MDT (9 p.m. EDT)
- Where: Wherever you’re most comfortable (and have access to a telephone and/or computing device)
- Register: http://bit.ly/usana14webinar
Most of All: Thank You
It’s no secret we couldn’t do what we do without you — our readers, fans, and followers. You have helped us create an amazing social media community. It’s proving to be a valuable tool for connecting and interacting with USANA Associates and others interested in maintaining their health and taking control of their financial future.
A big thank you to everyone who has joined us. Please introduce yourself or re-connect with us at convention. We’re excited to see all of you!
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.