When powered by a leader in nutrition, it only seems fitting that Team USANA would lead the way for its fellow competitors.
- Ambassador Meaghan Mikkelson-Reid secured Winter gold for the second consecutive time after Canada’s women’s hockey team defeated the USA, 3-2 in overtime.
- The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association scored 17 medals (record 8 gold, 3 silver and 6 bronze) during the Games, including historical gold for both men and women, in the inaugural ski halfpipe and slopestyle snowboarding events!
- U.S. Speedskating short track athletes J.R. Celski, Eddy Alvarez, Chris Creveling and Jordan Malone took home the team’s only medal of the Games, capturing silver in the 5000m relay.
- Erin Hamlin of USA Luge secured bronze in the women’s single event, becoming the first American luger to medal at any Winter Games.
- Speed Skating Canada captured 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals during the Games, two of which were earned by long tracker Denny Morrison. Morrison captured silver in the 1000m after teammate Gilmore Junio generously gave up his spot in the race.
- Five USANA-sponsored athletes of South Korea’s Speed Skating team brought home five medals, three of which (2 gold and 1 bronze) were secured by Park Seung-hi!
- U.S. Women’s Ski Jumping’s Jessica Jerome, Lindsey Van and Brand Ambassador Sarah Hendrickson competed in the Winter Game debut of women’s ski jumping, placing 10th, 15th and 21st respectively.
Introducing…Only a couple days before the Games began, USANA teamed up with U.S. long track speedskater, Heather Richardson and welcomed her as one its newest Brand Ambassadors!
“I’m really excited to be working with USANA,” Richardson said. “I love to partner with companies who have truly been part of me becoming the best athlete I can be and I thank everyone at USANA for standing behind me and the entire US Speedskating Team.”
As the 2013 World Sprint Champion and 2013 US National Sprint Champion, the 35-time World Cup medalist headed to Sochi for her second Winter Games appearance. While she didn’t reach the podium, Richardson finished 8th in the 500m and 7th in the 100m and 1500m to record her best Winter Games results yet.