One of the most common excuses I hear for skipping a workout is: “I don’t have time to go to the gym.” Maybe you don’t, but you do have 5 minutes. Everybody has 5 minutes.
The #FeelFabIn5 series from fitness guru, Kathy Kaehler, is exactly what you need if you’ve been looking for a quick workout that delivers energy, a drop of sweat and an attitude of feeling FAB-ulous!
It only takes 5 minutes and you don’t need any equipment besides your body. Workout shoes are great, but work clothes, casual clothes, or workout wear will do. Now what excuses can you come up with?
Let’s get started!
You will perform each exercise for one full minute. Since everyone’s cell phone is permanently attached, click over to your clock and use the timer to start and stop your moves.
- Exploding Squat Jumps – Stand with your feet together and your knees slightly bent. Bend both knees and lower your hips down into a squat. Keeping your feet together, straighten the legs and jump up and to the right, getting as high as you can. Land softly with your knees slightly bent and immediately lower yourself into another squat, then jump up and to the left. Repeat by squatting and jumping side to side/back and forth for one full minute.
- Touch Down Reverse Lunges – Stand tall with your feet hip width apart. Step backward with your right foot and bend both knees into a lunge. Your left knee should be directly over your left ankle, your right heel lifted. Touch the floor with your right hand close to the inside of your left foot. Straighten your legs to return to the starting position. Repeat, stepping back with your left foot. Repeat for one full minute.
- Full Push-Up – Start with your hands and knees on the floor. Extend one leg and then the other supporting the body with both feet. Keep your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Elbows soft, belly button pulled in and a slight squeeze with the buttocks. Keep the neck in alignment with the spine. Inhale as you lower your body by bending the elbows. Go down as far as you can without bending at the waist. Exhale as you push-up back to the starting position. Repeat for one minute. To modify, do the same thing except keep the knees bent and rest them on the floor.
- Forearm Plank – Start on the floor on your hands and knees. Lower the upper body onto the forearms. Keep the elbows underneath the shoulder. Like the push-up, extend both legs, pulling the belly button in tight toward the spine. Press the shoulder blades down toward the waistline and keep the neck in alignment with the spine. Hold for one minute.
- Running Man Hands Down – Start in a high plank position. Keeping your hands on the ground, bend your right knee and bring it into the chest. Extend it back to the starting position. Then bring your left knee into your chest. Continue alternating legs as if you are running. Do for one full minute.
If you’re unable to view the video, please visit the USANA YouTube channel
*The mentioned celebrity is either a distributor or dedicated user who has received compensation for his/her partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.