More than 1,000 elite athletes from around the world have trust their health to USANA since 1999, supplementing their diets and routines with USANA’s NSF-tested products.
However, this summer marked a first for Team USANA as it saw five of its sponsored para-athletes compete in the Paralympic Games for their chances at gold. With more than 4,300 athletes competing during the 11-day competition, Team USANA left Brazil with four pieces of hardware — one silver and three bronze — in athletic, canoe sprint and cycling events.
Team USANA Highlights:
- Australian para-runner Deon Kenzie took home silver in the T38 1500m event with a time of 4:14.95.
- Canadian para-cyclist Charles Moreau secured two podium appearances, capturing bronze in both the men’s road race H3 and time trial H3 events.
- Para-canoeist Ian Marsden of Great Britain paddled to bronze in the inaugural kayak single KL1 200m contest.
- New Zealand para-sailor Richard Dodson placed 4th overall in the 3-person keelboat alongside crew mate Chris Sharp and Paralympian Andrew May.
- Para-cyclist Byron Raubenheimer of New Zealand finished 11th overall in the men’s 4km pursuit C4.
“It has been an honor to team up with these exceptional athletes and watch them compete for their countries on the world’s largest athletic stage,” said USANA Chief Communications Officer Dan Macuga. “We congratulate all of our athletes on their recent achievements and are proud to stand beside them as they focus on their future endeavors.”
“USANA has been an essential part of my routine leading up to and during the Paralympic Games. USANA products give me peace of mind that I can maintain good nutrition whilst traveling and competing.”
— Deon Kenzie, USANA Brand Ambassador
For a full list of all of the USANA-sponsored athletes that competed in Rio this summer in both the Olympic and Paralympic Games, click here!
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who have received compensation for their partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
The future of personalized health and nutrition is now available with USANA’s True Health Assessment.