The average morning routine really adds up: 18 minutes to shower, 13 minutes to pick an outfit, 8 minutes to get dressed, 15 minutes to groom, and 2 minutes to brush your teeth. It takes you nearly an hour to get ready, but only three seconds to make an impression.
The first moments of a meeting are the most important, as people will make an immediate judgment. Those 3 seconds could mean the difference between the success and failure of your business. So before you go out, think about the kind of message you — and your wardrobe — are sending.
“Proper preparation provides you with an internal confidence,” said physician and USANA Diamond Director Dr. Karen Wolfe. “It sends the message that you have what others are seeking: success, confidence, and prosperity.”
- Know your audience and dress slightly above their code of dress. For example, if you are attending a sporting event, wear a business-casual dress shirt or polo shirt.
- Keep it simple. Do not wear too many patterns that distract from you and your message.
- Wear something comfortable. You act more relaxed when you are not worrying about your wardrobe.
- Do not wear anything revealing that could distract and send the wrong message.
- Think about how you could use color to express yourself. If presenting, you may consider wearing red, as it projects power and confidence.
- Make sure you are well groomed and remember to keep your breath fresh.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum. Too much can distract, but the right accessories can accentuate and enhance your presentation.
- Remember to wear well-kept, polished shoes. Keep the stilettos for special occasions and evenings out.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest fashion and learn about your specific body type to find out which styles flatter your shape.
- Be sure to wear a smile! Let prospects know that you love what you do.
Making a great first impression is crucial to the success of your business. Make sure you take the time to properly prepare for your meetings so you can make a lasting impact as you spread the vision of true health and true wealth!
We’re proud to bring you the freshest content on the web! Follow USANA on Twitter, like our USANA Facebook page and enjoy the latest videos on the official USANA YouTube channel.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
Discover what USANA products can do to boost your health by taking this brief online Health Assessment.