Who watched at least part of the London 2012 Games?
It obviously was a hot topic around the USANA Home Office, considering more than 60 athletes who were competing in London were part of Team USANA.
Sandwiched between the Opening Ceremonies and last night’s Closing Ceremonies were the world’s best athletes competing at a level reserved for only the elite of the elite.
We’d like to offer our congratulations to many of the USANA-sponsored athletes and others in some way affiliated with Team USANA who represented themselves — and Team USANA — admirably on a world stage.
Mexico Takes Home Gold!
Mexico’s men’s soccer team stunned Brazil, 2-1, in the gold medal match on Saturday. The national team, one of the newest members of Team USANA, accomplished the incredible feat in front of more than 86,000 spectators at London’s famed Wembley Stadium.
“We just entered the history books of Mexican sport,” Marco Fabian told the New York Times. “We have given our people an immense joy. This is unforgettable.”
Conor Dwyer Swims to Gold
Conor Dwyer, another of the newer members of Team USANA, swam to gold in the men’s 4x200m freestyle relay. The team, which included Ryan Lochte, Ricky Berens and Michael Phelps, helped Phelps make history. With the win, Phelps won a record 19th Olympic medal.
“It was something special, especially with Michael breaking the record and making history,” Conor told the Today show following the victory. “It was a blast to be on the relay and it’s easy with these three guys being so good.”
Huge congratulations to Australian Tate Smith and his teammates on winning the Kayak Four (K4) 1,000m Canoe Sprint. The team of Tate, Dave Smith, Murray Stewart and Jacob Clear clinched gold ahead of Hungary and the Czech Republic to bring home the sixth gold medal for Australia in the 2012 Games.
“Having been an athlete for 15 years, I have used many supplements over that time,” Tate says. “But, I have come across no better nutritional products than USANA. After just one month I noticed the effects on my well-being. I know I’m getting the highest quality supplements made from superior grade ingredients.”
USANA, which is the official health supplement supplier of the WTA, would like to congratulate the players who earned medals in London, with special highlights of USANA’s Brand Ambassadors.
- Kim Clijsters: Advanced to the quarterfinals in Women’s Singles before falling to eventual silver medalist Maria Sharapova.
- Liezel Huber: Advanced with partner Lisa Raymond to the Women’s Doubles bronze medal match before falling in three sets.
- Zheng Jie: Advanced to the quarterfinals in Women’s Doubles.
- Samantha Stosur: Advanced to the quarterfinals in Mixed Doubles.
- Aleksandra Wozniak: Advanced to the second round in Women’s Singles before falling to Venus Williams.
- Nikola Girke, Canadian windsurfer, finished 10th in the finals of the women’s RS-X
- Brett Fraser, Cayman Islands swimmer, advanced to the semifinals of the 100m free and the 200m free
- Julian Sanchez, a Mexican diver, placed seventh in the 3m synchronized springboard competition
- Meb Keflezighi, a United States marathoner, finished fourth in marathon
- The Korea Women’s Handball Team advanced to the bronze-medal match before falling to Spain 31-29
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the 2012 London Games!
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who has received compensation for their partnership and/or complimentary USANA products.
We’re proud to bring you the freshest content on the web! Follow USANA on Twitter, like our USANA Facebook page and enjoy the latest videos on the official USANA YouTube channel.
Learn what USANA is doing to make the world a better place.
Discover what USANA products can do to boost your health today by taking this brief online Health Assessment.